Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mafia: Reborn

Kowalski
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Kowalski polycounter lvl 4
Hi, so this is my second bigger project.
I recreated a scene from the game "Mafia: The city of lost heaven"
aaand i need to know your opinions. thanks everyone! :smile: 
Modelled in 3DS Max 2015, textured with Quixel suite 2.0, Rendered in UE4

Replies

• Kowalski
    Offline / Send Message
    bump?..someone?
  • Cay
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, posting your reference might help people. I really can't tell you how well you did without it.
  • Kowalski
    Offline / Send Message
    well..didn't think about it, sorry.
    here it is:

• mats effect
    Scale does not look quite right to me. Get a human ref mesh in there to check everything matches up. It also feels pretty empty compared to the ref image. Also have you looked up any real life reference images too because following a screenshot from a game (an old one at that) is not often the best way to go, it leaves you with an iteration of an iteration. Models look ok but a lot of the textures look pretty basic and could do with more detail. 

Hope this helps :)
  • DweenieTodd
    Offline / Send Message
    DweenieTodd polycounter lvl 3
    I agree with Mats Effect. I think your textures are quite basic at this moment and really need some more detail. Try to avoid using just game screenshots as your main reference, but if that is the main reference then you need to work on the lighting some more in my opinion.

I think the models you've made are great, but the scene is missing that something special that your references have. I think overall you've got a nice start, the textures just need pushing big time!

Keep going though!
  • Kowalski
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone (i have to agree with that textures, but it looks so good, when i render them individually in marmoset :smiley:  ...
    everything should match the real-life scale, i made a research for an average desk height, even the length of a pencil and that pen, and of course for the chair and bookshelves. But somehow i can't figure out that "oldies" feel, i think there will be some post-process "thingy".
    Btw..: Do you think i should add these models to portfolio individually or as a complete scene?.. (or both? :smiley: )
    edit: My only reference are those images (and videos on youtube) from the game.

• brokenneedle
    i like it. Its basic and clean but nice.