Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Grey Albedo after creating process. (Suite 2.0)

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
mesherknesher polycounter lvl 2
I have testet the new quixel suite 2.0 project files from homepage and old 1.8 files too, but nothing appears after creating process only blank grey. What could that be?
I use CC2015 with all updates and tested with and without admin rights.

Replies

• Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    The albedo will be blank grea on creating a project that you haven't added any materials to. Or am I missing something? Do you see the model if you start 3DO?
  • mesherknesher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The albedo will be blank grea on creating a project that you haven't added any materials to. Or am I missing something? Do you see the model if you start 3DO?
    Hi GORDON ROBB,
    only normal map applies, no abledo shown on model. Ive download the update 2000.1 at this moment and will try again testing.
    Tested with TorFrickPetrolProject.

• mesherknesher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With version 2000.1 it looks so.
    I can add an smart material for all channels but not for each.
    The old 1.8 has made automatically the albedo from material_ID map, but is that other in 2.0?
    Or i'm stupid and do not see what's wrong.

• StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
    Got a linky for to that space speeder mesh?! :D
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    StormyBA said:
    Got a linky for to that space speeder mesh?! :D
    The mesh is from the Quixel Workflow primer! :) http://quixel.se/hub/tutorial/workflow-primer/
    I have testet the new quixel suite 2.0 project files from homepage and old 1.8 files too, but nothing appears after creating process only blank grey. What could that be?
    I use CC2015 with all updates and tested with and without admin rights.

When creating a new project, the albedo will show a grey by default. Add either a smart material, or use a clean layer (the paper icon, third from the left at the bottom of DDO). Alternatively, you can open up 3DO, hold C + Shift and select a color on the mesh to apply a smart material.

Hope this helps! :)
  • mesherknesher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll have to take more time for the tutorials, the workflow has a bit changed from 1.8 to 2.0 and all works like in the workflow primer.
    This was my mistake. Thanks for your time.