Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are everywhere? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone, such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, and Gangstar series, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Technical Artist (3D rendering) to work on its next AAA mobile franchise.
Gameloft creates games for smartphones, mobile phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms such as Apple TV and Apple Watch. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. Two million new Gameloft games are downloaded each day! www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The 3D rendering technical artist has a role that requires a real feel for art as well as in-depth knowledge of the concepts behind lighting and 3D rendering. Experience in the creation of real-time shading techniques is a prerequisite.
The selected candidate will be tasked with developing, documenting, and overseeing the work and the methods used by the art team. This position requires someone who is able to understand technical problems from an artistic perspective, while working directly with the lead artists and programmers. The technical artist may be responsible for training artists in new production techniques and must ensure that those methods are compatible with the game engine.
The ideal candidate must have solid experience in video-game production as well as strong knowledge of current rendering and lighting techniques.
Skills and Profile
· Analytical nature, able to persevere until complex problems are solved
· Very good communication and listener when it comes to:
o grasping artists’ problems
o offering advice on the solution to adopt
o training others in a needed rendering process
· Independent, organised and proactive
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Please forward this information to the following address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
· Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
· Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
· Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
· Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
· Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
· Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
· Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
· Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
· Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!