Hardsuit Labs is currently looking for a technical artist to join our team! With a unique combination of artistic and technical expertise, you will be the bridge between our artists and engineers.
You have a well-developed creative background and sensitivity to dealing with creative issues within technical constraints. You’ll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools and problem-solving skills to build tools, maintain pipelines and provide technical support for our artists. Insuring that art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platform will be your number one priority. Teamwork is key here and you must love working in a team fostered environment.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and debugging skills absolute must.
- Experience shipping games on multiple platforms.
- Minimum 3 years of professional game development experience.
- Experience with next-gen material functions, such as advanced UE4 material and blueprint functions, and Substance Designer.
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
- Expert knowledge of working with PBR Albedo, normal, roughness and metallic maps to get the best look within the game engine’s technical limits/constraints.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines, tools, software and customization systems.
- Ability to ensure levels and other content are meeting memory budgets and performance target.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Experience with Level management and optimization on a console project is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in artist software, version control systems, and game engines.
- Strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques.
- Rigging experience, and being well-versed in the process of animation creation and animation techniques.
- Strong foundation in art or animation.
To apply for this position please send your resume and samples of work to [email protected]
or apply directly on our website: http://www.hardsuitlabs.com/jobs/
Hardsuit Labs is a privately owned video game studio located in the beautiful Seattle area. We are a team of passionate, creative, hardcore gamers who strive to be a premier game developer. We have been and are currently involved with a number of high quality titles and technologies. Our environment is one of:
- Engagement and empowerment of our employees
- Fostering of a creative, collaborative, and courteous work environment
- Development of great ideas and products
All of that cultivates into a love and passion for the work we do, the place we accomplish it, and the people we work with. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of then we want to hear from you!
Hardsuit Labs provides employees with a solid benefits package because we know that in order for you to perform well, spur with creativity and be an idea generating machine that you are, you need to know that what is important to you is being taken care of.
Hardsuit Labs offers following benefits
- Health / Dental/ Vision coverage
- 9 sick days
- 9 holidays
- Unlimited vacation time
- Kitchen full of drinks and snacks
- Waffle Wednesdays
- Company events and outings
But most importantly we have fun, engaging and rewarding work environment. This is the most important work benefit that we all provide to each other every day!