Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are everywhere? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone, such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, and Gangstar series, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking an Art Director to work on its next AAA mobile franchise.
Gameloft creates games for smartphones, mobile phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms such as Apple TV and Apple Watch. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. Two million new Gameloft games are downloaded each day! www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will participate and supervise an artistic production for a AAA photorealistic project. The art director will act as the primary link between the Montreal studio’s graphics team, the project manager, the creative director, and the studio art director on a new 3D title for high-end mobile platforms.
· Defining the game’s art style, while complying with the creative vision of the initial art direction
· Conveying expectations, both in terms of the level of quality and content (backgrounds, environments, characters), to the graphics team (concept artists, environment artists, character artists, animation team) by making use of the pertinent visual references, concept art, production design, and atmosphere materials
· Developing high standards of quality
· Supervising and approving work completed by the graphics team to ensure that the elements produced comply with the vision for the game, as well as meeting standards for quality
· Guiding the development and ensuring the maintenance of the flow of artistic tasks
· Providing guidance and advice to the team, as well as managing freelancers and outside studios, if necessary
· Providing reports to the project manager and the studio art director
· Ensuring that the artistic framework, schedule and budget are all abided by
· A minimum of 5 years of experience as an art director, senior concept artist, or lead artist on AAA console/PC projects (games published on mobile platforms are an asset)
· Excellent artistic and technical skill sets (concept art, illustration, high-resolution sculpting/modelling, UI design)
· Expertise with 2D/3D next-gen production tools (knowledge of rendering engines and of compositing is an asset)
· Technical expertise with the main graphics engines on the market (knowledge of iOS platforms is an asset)
· Able to adapt to different management/data-monitoring systems (TortoiseSVN, Perforce, etc.)
Skills and Profile
· Passionate about video games, with a strong interest in photorealistic/cinematic styles
· Demonstrates mastery of illustration, animation, and graphic design with versatility regarding backgrounds, characters and UI elements
· Possesses excellent knowledge of the principles behind anatomy and design
· Possesses a positive track record in terms of developing, mentoring, and managing multidisciplinary graphics teams
· Excellent knowledge/reasoning when it comes to game development and the realities of production, both from technical and conceptual standpoints
· Tactful and a strong communicator, able to mobilize and inspire a team
· Critical with a keen sense of observation, and able to express their ideas
· Independent, rigorous and equipped with excellent organisational skills
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Please forward this information to the following address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
· Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
· Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
· Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
· Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
· Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
· Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
· Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console- quality games for mobile phones!
· Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
· Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!