Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are everywhere? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, and Gangstar series, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Lighting Artist 3D to work on its next AAA mobile franchise.
Gameloft creates games for smartphones, mobile phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms like Apple TV and Apple Watch. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Two million new Gameloft games are downloaded each day! www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Art Director and working closely with Environment Modellers and Technical Artists (Shaders), the successful candidate will be in charge of creating the lighting for 3D AAA game environments.
· Creating the lighting scheme, colour palette, and post-processing effects
· Making sure there is consistency in lighting, colour balance, and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene in the game
· Using technical skill to emphasize design and establish/clarify location, weather, time of day, etc.
· Optimising the visual look and run-time performance of the environments
· Proven industry experience in film or games
· Experience with 3D CG packages and traditional frameworks (e.g. 3ds Max, Mental Ray, V-Ray, Unity, UDK), demonstrating understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UVs
· Experience with generation of lightmaps, prelighting or baked lighting
· Experience with film or photography is a plus
Skills and Profile
· Solid artistic skills, including colour theory, composition, form, and understanding of direct/indirect light, luminance/exposure
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Strong ability to work from reference materials
· Strong ability to light moderate to complex interior and exterior scenes
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Please forward this information to the following address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
· Because you want to take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector!
· Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
· Because you want to work within a team made up of people motivated by, and passionate about, their field!
· Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
· Because you love the idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues at the other end of the Earth!
· Because you want to work with renowned partners and clients like Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others!
· Because you want to push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
· Because you’re in search of great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space!
· Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!