Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Looking for animation test content / feature requests for Marmoset Toolbag

Hey guys, I figured this would be the best place to post.

We're working on adding animation support for Marmoset Toolbag and we need some test content to try out to see how well our system works. If you have any animated models that we can play with it would be highly appreciated.

We're planning on supporting the Alembic format, which should allow animators to export animation content from most current 3D apps without any special plugins and regardless of how their rig is setup. Alembic .abc files are ideal, but Max or Maya scenes as well as .FBX files are good to have as well.

The content will not be used for anything other than internal testing.

We're also curious to know what sort of features animators are looking for in an animation preview tool, so if you have any ideas or feature requests please let us know.

Feel free to PM me or email at joe@marmoset.co if you have content we can use.

Thanks!

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    you looking for complex scenes with multiple characters or just one character?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anything from very simple to very complex scenes, we're looking for a wide range of content to stress the system.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Oh man, Ive been waiting for this for some time now. 4 features I`d love to have are camera presets, so the viewer can go to a camera of your choosing. Especially for things like acting shots, or cinematics. Importing camera setups somehow. Even if you have to bake a bone to the camera first, that's fine. fps settings. So you can choose which fps the animation plays at, since some will animate at 30, some at 24 frames a second. And lastly, frame by frame viewing, so you can use the left and right arrow keys to step through the animation frame by frame. Very useful for critiques. 

Oh, and I guess a frame counter. 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius said:
    Oh man, Ive been waiting for this for some time now. 4 features I`d love to have are camera presets, so the viewer can go to a camera of your choosing. Especially for things like acting shots, or cinematics. Importing camera setups somehow. Even if you have to bake a bone to the camera first, that's fine. fps settings. So you can choose which fps the animation plays at, since some will animate at 30, some at 24 frames a second. And lastly, frame by frame viewing, so you can use the left and right arrow keys to step through the animation frame by frame. Very useful for critiques. 

Oh, and I guess a frame counter. 
    Thanks for the feedback! Most of this we're planing on adding. We've got basic object, light and camera position and keyframe importing from FBX and ABC in there now in fact (though it needs a lot more testing).

The camera preset suggestion is a good idea for Marmoset Viewer, but currently we're focusing on getting animation support into Toolbag itself for traditional rendering. Further consideration will need to go into if/when we support animation in Viewer, as sending animation data over the web presents some unique challenges (mostly related to how to get the data small enough so it's efficient). I don't want to get anyones hopes up, as we're not officially planing on adding animation support to Viewer yet (though we do recognize the desire).
  • zerd_sword
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zerd_sword polycounter lvl 7
    Hello, I didn't  see (might have missed) the official place for feature requests, I'll just put these here..

1. In the Outliner it would be nice to be able to turn on and off the visibility or expand and collapse the groups of multiple objects by shift selecting them in the hierarchy, then clicking on the desired icon. 

2. I would like to be able to marque select multiple objects in the view port.

3. This one is a maybe. I might like to be able to manually turn on and off anti-aliasing for the maps that bake out of Toolbag.

Thanks! Love the software and use it for all of my baking.