Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

UK-Based Partnership & Startup

Chap1400
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Chap1400 polycounter lvl 5

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a partnership with someone UK-based and ideally to create an achievable single player game with them.

Before I get into details:
  • I don't currently have a registered business or company of any kind;
  • I don't have any funding so this would be purely built out of our own pockets;
  • I have a full-time job so I would mainly be working weekends (for the foreseeable future at least).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Business Aims:

• Set up a small indie team (2-3 people);
  • Initially create a tech demo (or first section of game) for funding possibilities
  • Create a commercially viable game (PC) available for digital purchase.

The idea is to create a small team and to each help in all areas. Ideally working in person (probably not all the time) and all contributing to preproduction, production and promotion. Any specialities we needed help with could possibly be outsourced.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Project:

I created a GDD earlier this year and so I have an idea in mind (the documentation will still need a lot of work going forth). This is the basics of it:

• 3D, powered by Unreal 4;
  • Single-player adventure;
  • Simplistic mechanics (nothing that can’t be achieved);
  • Environmental storytelling;
  • Little to no dialogue (I have ideas to tell emotions through sounds rather than language, perhaps onscreen text);
  • Stylised world (simplistic art style in mind but it could really go anywhere we chose)
  • Targeted at PC market, most ages, however there would be some dark themes involved (would also make strong console title, but one step at a time :P)

Inspirations include: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Limbo, Journey.

I’m basically looking to create a game which isn’t particularly mechanically unique, however it would have a very charming world, story and generally shows a lot of polish and passion. It would be the sort of game you pick up on a Friday night, get hooked in its world for 3-4 hours before completing it with a huge feeling of appreciation.

I have already began a tech demo with some mechanics I hope to include (all mechanics will be created in BluePrints).

My skills:

I've been involved in a couple projects in the past and also have a degree in Games Design. I am hard-working and ambitious and I want to make a name for myself within the industry.

I'm happy to engage with all aspects of the project (and will likely have to, as will you), however my main focus is in-engine. These are some of the skills I can offer:

• Level Design;
  • Visual Scripting;
  • 3D Modelling, retop, texturing;
  • Character Modelling;
  • Animation & Rigging;
  • Basic Audio Editing;
  • Pre-production;
  • Project Management;

Most of my experience is with UDK, but I have also used Source SDK, Unreal 4 and HPL2 (Amnesia). The project I have planned would be made using Unreal 4 as I’m confident that all current mechanics I have planned I can execute with scripting.

You can see some of my recent work here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxnu7X_8z_OHUjBCMEhLU0hQeGM/view?usp=sharing 

What I’m looking for:
(You must be 18+)

I’m looking for someone who can get involved in most areas of the development process. However, you would also be our concept artist and primary modeller. You would be the person who takes our ideas and makes them into our concept images. Once in the production phase, your primary focus would be asset creation, character modelling and animation. However help in other areas such as level design and scripting would also be advantageous.

Your skills would ideally include:
  • Concept Art
  • 3D Modelling, retop, Texturing
  • Character Modelling
  • Rigging & Animation

Huge pluses include:
  • Audio Design
  • PR
  • Web Design
  • Video Editing

In short, we would both be the designers, developers and writers.

To Apply

Message me on here or email: schapman.design@gmail.com. Include your skills, a link to some of your work and a small description of your genre/design interests etc. Thanks guys & GL Indie Devs!