Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fresh meat! Seeking critiques and advices!

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello guys! I'm just starting to learn digital painting and seeking to improve myself. To make things easier here are some of my latest works:

Here are what I currently aiming for:

Artist: Gliulian

I would love to improve the usage of color and I would love to do colorful pieces like this in the future.

Artist: Night Watch Art

My instructor said that my works are still simple. I would love to find out how to make my works more interesting. I can see that the skeleton overall doesn't have that much of accessories yet it still looks captivating, while for the archer I tried to add more detail yet it hasn't been improved much.

I also have a  question: When I do master study on value, color, poses,etc. How to prevent the study from become plain copy? What should I concentrate on? Should I concentrate on finishing the study?

I don't know a lot of things so If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me :sweat_smile: 

Replies

• miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    Your subjects could use a main, stronger light. Notice the skeleton has one. About preventing studies to turn into copies, start off with copying, but open your mind and free your hand to the possibilities of adding/removing stuff that isn't there, little by little, it'll turn into something original.
    I always aim my studies to a blunt copy, but they never finish to be one.