Home Technical Talk

MODO snapping questions

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Spoon polycounter lvl 11
Hi guys,

Three quickies, that hopefully someone can help me out with.

• How can I snap to grid on all 3 axis in the viewport? If I snap to a vertex, it works as expected, but if I want to snap to the grid, I will be constrained to the workplane's 2 axis, even when dragging the center handle. How do I enable all 3?
  • How do I UV with both grid and vertex snapping enabled? If I want to do precision UVs, I expect I should enable vertex and grid in my snapping settings. I would then click a vertex to make that my action center, then drag my faces, which would snap to the grid, thus easily placing that selected vertex on a specific pixel on my texture. It works exactly like that in the 3D viewport, but in the UV window, I cannot set my action center to the vertex, because it will snap to the grid, so I have to sit and toggle the grid on and off for every selection and move. The "workaround" I have been using, is to only enable grid snapping, but using element action center. This lead me to....
  • Element action center removes UVs. It doesnt happen all the time, but sometimes, when I switch to element action center, any selected UV will just vanish. I have no idea why this happens.
Can anyone shed some light on this? :)

Replies