Home Adobe Substance

need help trying to make this image tile like this example

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
.polygon polycounter lvl 11

i tried using the tile generator node but i cant pack them that close with out overlapping issues. any suggestions?

Replies

• NicolasW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    How was the reference image generated ?
  • ActionDawg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    Unless someone has a brilliant insight to do this linearly, this can only be done by using an algorithm that is locally aware. Meaning that it knows that there's empty space of a certain size and can pack shapes until there is no more room, much like how a UV packer works. This would require being able to do programming for looping over conditional logic which afaik Substance can't do.
  • .polygon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .polygon polycounter lvl 11
    the examples were both made in zbrush. the tiled example was made placing one circle thing at a time. so i told my friend i think substance can do that automatically, but were having no luck reproducing that look.
  • NicolasW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NicolasW polycounter lvl 13
    This is typically where the humain brain performs better than an algorithm.
    Doing that with a computer would require lots of iterations, and it's unfortunately not possible to do in Designer.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    somedoggy said:
    Meaning that it knows that there's empty space of a certain size and can pack shapes until there is no more room, much like how a UV packer works. This would require being able to do programming for looping over conditional logic which afaik Substance can't do.
    It wouldn't tile, but I suppose you could send IPackThat tonnes of ngons (maybe randomise their scale beforehand) and disabling rotation but enabling scaling, and let it pack. Then apply the base image using a secondary UV channel or just use a different mesh with the ngons unwrapped around the base image and bake from one to another. Just a thought.