Home Adobe Substance

[solved] Transform 2D node not tiling

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Jaik vertex
Hey All,

Teaching myself some substance (killer program) and following along with one of Allegorithmics tutorials.
At around this time in the vid he throws a 2D transform on a clouds and talks about tiling.
Now, it tiles within the initial 0-1 square fine, but if you mash space and look at the tiling when the texture is used as a tiling texture this doesn't tile at all.

So, my question - Is there a way to make this tile that I am just having a brain fart and missing? I know I can use the 'make it tile'-node but thats an additional node and for performance reasons (I know this doesnt make much of a difference for learning but for future reference) if theres just a setting I cant find then the node is superfluous.

[EDIT:] After following further down the tutorial, I got to the 18min mark after its blended back in as a mask, and the effect of the mask is random enough that you dont notice its not tiling (whether I have a make-tilable in or not doesnt make much of a difference)
But I think that is just because of the nature of this specific mask. Its essentially masking off random lines in a random way. If I was to use this method on say a perlin noise and use the transformed noise to generate my inital heightmap, it wouldnt tile - which is more what my question related to.. I think.

/end noob train of thought

Replies