I'm a student in my senior year as a game artist and am stressing over something really silly (imo). I personally don't feel comfortable using my real last name professionally for a couple of reasons.
1. If I get married my last name will change
2. My full name + .com brings up someone else's portfolio which misrepresents who I am
3. My last name is really "basic" and doesn't turn up results for me in a search
4. I've gone by the nickname sxhi in different social media so everything matches, but I can change that easily since I haven't made a huge presence online yet.
These seem like semi valid reasons to use my first name + Xhi as a last name. One note is that I wouldn't permanently change that or put it on my resume/professional contact, just for my portfolio, business cards, and social media. Maybe even put Xhi in parentheses with my last name at the end.
1. People will question me constantly
2. People might think I'm childish? and/or won't accept who I am as a person
Any thoughts? I've asked friends but I need some advice from a different perspective.