Home General Discussion

POLYCOUNT app

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
dextor polycounter lvl 10
Hello all,
Haven't been here for a while. 
Was searching for Polycount app. It would be a great addition, to be informed via app, while we are away from PC. Will there be an app?

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    No need for an app, now that the site has formatting for mobile devices
  • deolol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deolol polycounter lvl 6
    @notman if you don't mind me asking, have you tried browsing polycount for a good period of time on your mobile pre and post change? the experience has gotten worse.

Before I had to zoom around but had all the information from a desktop experience - you actually lose critical information on a mobile view. Little to no text scaling, no last reply, pages or time info, image preview is cropped and easily misclicked, no indicator to see if thread is viewed or not. In fact,  when you enter a topic you get more info than needed (user info) that pads out the long trip down to the bottom even further.

Anyway i dont mean this as a complaint, just my 2 cents as I browse on mobile a lot and polycount didnt implement a mobile view before anyway so its not a valid complaint, but now that there is, and that it makes browsing harder can make it a bit frustrating. Not to worry i just wait until i get home and can use the PC to browse polycount :)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    @deolol , no, I have not. I know they've had some issues with it, since launch, and they are continuing to work on it. I honestly disliked using the site (on mobile), prior to the update. The new look appeared promising, on mobile devices (based on screenshots), but I've seen the bug reports, about hidden buttons, and overlapping content.

I was just pointing out, an app would not offer any benefits, and would just create additional work. I'm sure the mobile version will be good, once they have more time to work out the issues.
  • iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Give it time, mobile formatting is a tricky thing and they haven't even fully fixed the desktop view yet. 

When they get to smaller screens stuff will get fixed across the board but i agree with a lot of what you say.