Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer 5 Production Pipeline

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
AdvisableRobin polycounter lvl 10
Hows it going PC,

So one thing that I've been working on is creating a production pipeline for using Substance Designer 5 for a game production environment. Unfortunately there isn't too much information out there about functioning pipelines for fully utilizing SD, with the exception of the Red 5/sRich3D videos.

My ideal is that I can take out most of the manual texture work, where you can plug in a normal and color mask and have the artist be able to change material types and different masking variables. I'm seeing most of the talk around using Templates and base materials.

I was hoping for some help on how to go about doing this, whether its from experience or just tutorials I may have missed.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Michael Pavlovitch's talk about Halo 2 Anniversary talks about the Substance pipeline at Certain Affinity here, and yeah it revolves around automatic texturing through carefully crafted material libraries and color masks.

We will have a lot more real-life production examples to show in the coming weeks and months as games using a full Substance pipeline are being released.