Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted Weapons. Opinions and Critiques Wanted.

ChozoAran
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ChozoAran polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone! This is my first post to Polycount ever. Here are some weapons that i have been working on to try and improve my hand-painted textures. Let me know what you think! Thank you! Credit to FirstKeeper for her concepts.

Replies

• Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Hey,

I like your textures! But I think you just need to push some shadows into the crevices like in the concepts to add more contrast. Crisp up some highlights on the metals, and shade the gem on the staff better. Take those gems even further than her concept. Try to match the gold colour on the sword more to the concept image. 

If you do all that stuff to up the quality, I think you will have some really nice pieces. 

Good luck!
  • aaronmwolford
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaronmwolford polycounter lvl 8
    Yea, I second Natland your contrast needs to be pushed greatly. Right now everything is washed out. The staff has a nice clean look, but the other piece is to muddy in my opinion. Go back and sharpen up some of the areas. You have a nice base texture at this point. 
  • ChozoAran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChozoAran polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you both so much for taking the time to critique my work. I'll definitely take your advice and post an updated version of both weapons once I've spent some more time correcting color, contrast and sharpness.

Thanks again for your time.