Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Critique

SamT2510
null
Offline / Send Message
SamT2510 null
Hi, im looking for some feedback for my portfolio it can be found here.
http://www.samtroth.com/

Replies

• JustMeSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustMeSR polycounter lvl 4
    Pictures are switching way too fast in 3D section (it changes to the next one even before it finishes loading the current one). [IMO no auto flipping images is needed.]

Email should be easier to find (put it under your name, or next to your social media links).

What tech art projects do you have to showcase (shaders, tools, rigs, free textures, tutorials...)?
  • BeardedMike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeardedMike polycounter lvl 7
    Overall the site functions well, I agree with justmesr the images flip by way too quickly and probably don't need to be automated at all.  I'm not trying to sound harsh at all, I think your site looks nice but i have some suggestions.  The presentation of your pieces could use a lot of work.  For instance in your 3d section when you show off your props, get rid of the HDRI image in the background and put them on maybe a solid flat dark gray so the background image does't distract from the model.  You also don't have wireframe renders for any of them that are an important part of showing process.

on the technical side, one thing that jumped out at me is your bullet prop is missing the primer on the back of it, 

any centerfire cartridge will have one

My only other suggestion is if possible embed a unity web player so you can show off your game better in the unity section.
  • SamT2510
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SamT2510 null
    Thanks for the feedback I will work on some feedback over the coming weeks. And i will be adding more things as the year goes on thanks for the feedback and the critiques. :)