Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: DC_all

DC_all
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
DC_all null
Hello, Polycount.
long time reader, first time poster on these forums.
Figured I'd start things off with a Sketchbook.
Thoughts and critique are welcome.

Replies

• DC_all
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DC_all null
    I've done a little bit of modelling for games, mostly props.
    Here's what I'm currently working on.
    It's a Mesoamerican weapon called a Macuahuitl.
    I designed the concept from reference found online, It's much larger and more decorated then the more common macuahuitl, perhaps this one was used only during ceremonies, or maybe it was swung by some kind of flamboyant warlord.
    either way, it's been fun so far taking it through the stages of concept and production.

A look at the topology,

The model is UV'd and ready for details.

• DC_all
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DC_all null
    Lately in my spare time, I've had a turn at some low poly modeling, here is a few props which would work good in a game, the shader takes advantage of vertex colouring.
    Screen taken in Unity, Shaderforge was used for the materials.

• DC_all
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DC_all null
    Quick dynamesh sketch of everybody's favorite pink Nemesis.
    still developing fundamentals. will hope to come back to this one at a later date.

• DC_all
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DC_all null
    During my lunch breaks I had been working on a sculpt of the human head in planar form, using John Asaro's study as a reference.
    This developed my understanding of the head in a simpler form, and also some hard surface practice.

• DC_all
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DC_all null
    A while back I started modeling an 03 Toyota Celica, I chose to make it slightly deformed in the style of Choro Q (more commonly known as Penny Racers in the US/EU/AUS), which is a collection of toy vehicles produced by Takara of Japan.
    I recently started to work on it again so I could import it into the PC racing game Re-Volt! the game itself is very user content friendly, and despite being almost 17 years old, is still being fan patched with an active community.

Texture was hand painted in photoshop. could still do a bit more with the rims, but its very fun to use in game for now (:

(excuse the mobile phone photo).