Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

[Alt Helm]- Excalibur- Agravaine

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
MrAwexome polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone, this should be a really cool contest and I'm excited to participate. I will be starting with an alternate helm for Excalibur but can't promise it will stop there, i hope to be able to create several submissions! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blocked out 2 ideas, looking for C&C to figure out which one to develop more. leaning towards the bottom one in keeping with the traditional slotted knight visor.
  • Nimphious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the silhouette of the top helmet, however it's far too high-frequency for an Excal helmet in my opinion. The rest of him is sleek and clean with well defined curved lines, that helmet would stand out a little too much for me. Also the chunky stout kind of thing you have going on feels more like a Rhino helmet than an Excal helmet.

I love the lower one. The "eye" shapes are a bit saggy looking to me, I'd personally put the crease on the eye-shield running from lower-front to upper-rear myself for a more aggressive look which would suit Excal more since he's an offensive frame.

What are you thinking of doing for the tints?
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was going to probably stick with Excal's basic black and white/gray scale with some red or orange trim pieces, similar to the Mordred helm. i'm also working on another concept at the moment, keep an eye out for it later today.
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still playing with some shapes. figuring out how to translate traditional medieval helm shapes into the Warframe style.
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gonna move foward with this design added a bit of color to seperate the pieces, time to start adding a bit more detail to make it more 'frame-ey' let me know what us guys think!
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    playing with colors a bit. i know its too soon but i wanted to test stuff out  let me know what you guys think!
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some changes to the visor piece and chin straps. I am worried it looks a bit to much like the existing Mordred helm though, and may end up getting rid of the oval shaped holes. Need some more work on the horn/spike but time eludes me, hopefully i can finish up the highpoly this week or next to make sure I have time to texture after the retopo. Any comments or suggestions are welcome!
  • MrAwexome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasn't happy with the direction that the back was going and i felt that i  still needed more "flow" so i changed up the top and added in some basic tech blockouts at the back to kinda get a better feel for what it will look like from a player perspective.