Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[Royalty] Rudis - Looking for 2D/3D Concept Artists

Icaraeus
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Icaraeus polycounter lvl 4

Hey, my name is Jordan and I am interested in collaborating with anyone that has taken some interest in my rather ambitious software project - a game called Rudis (derived from a wooden sword used during Ancient Roman times - used to signify the freedom of a gladiator slave that generally has fought in the arenas. I have been thinking about this project over the past months in relation to how I should approach this, and have decided that this should be a sort of Third Person Action-Adventure, Sword-Fighting/Stealth game.

The basic premise of the story involves a somewhat ordinary upper-class Roman family, that up until the beginning events of the story lived their lives in peace in the mountainous regions of Italy. One day, during the Ides of March sometime between 100-200 A.D., the nearby Roman town is busy celebrating the day of festivals as the son of this rather ordinary family makes his way down the mountain to this village. As the day passes into the evening time, the boy initially focuses his attention on the grooming of an elephant in the square of the town, known to be a sacred animal to the Roman Emperor at the time, Trajan. However, events grow troubled when the elephant is murdered in front of most of the onlookers in the square by another boy who deceived the son of the upper-class family. Much to the dismay of the upper-class boy, he is blamed for the death and is chased away from the square by Roman guards whose initial intention is to murder the boy for the crime. The guards pursue the boy back to his house in the mountains, where his mother attempts to intervene but is taken away. The boy attempts to fend off the guards but is quickly dragged down to the square along with his mother. It is at the square where the boy and mother are condemned to pay for the murder of the elephant by Roman senators who make a scene of the murder in the square, as the elephant is cremated. To coincide with the unfortunate events, an empire-wide Gladiatorial Tournament is held to pay respects to the death of the elephant.

As a player of this game, you will experience this unique story through the perspective of the father of this condemned Roman family, in addition to a teenage girl who is a commoner living in the town. After the father, who comes back from a journey to the main regions of Rome, finds out what happened to his family he sets out to save them - a journey that ends up making him a gladiator. The girl, who is initially involved in the story when the Roman family in the square is condemned, clashes paths with the father.

But enough about stories - I think I should focus on my main request whilst I'm here.

Talent Requested

- 2D/3D Artists with some experience (recommended)

How can you contact me?

Please post in this thread if you have an interest in my project. Also, feel free to contact me through:

Email: jordancondipodero@hotmail.com
Valve's Steam: My ID is Icaraeus

Well, How Are My Efforts Being Compensated?

Okay, down to the nitty-gritty of my reasoning behind a Royalty-based payment. I must get this out of the way where I am NOT necessarily looking for people that want to work for free (although that would be greatly appreciated!), but that I will be intending to somehow pay people for their efforts in future. I must confess that I am a 17 year old that, whilst having some savings, do not currently have a full time job (though I am mere weeks away from finishing Week 12 and school for good) nor do I have a credit card - but I aim to quickly remedy that! I intend to pay via online transactions or in-person. I am intending to crowdfund this game, or have some other form of funding, though in order to have a successful crowdfund there must be progress! So I'm leaving that to a later date. In the event that there is successful funding then I will freely pay everyone that contributed for their work.

Well, How Can You Meet Me In Person?

I am taking a gap year in Europe, Asia and back to Australia throughout the year(s) with the intent to study software engineering at university, though if you're wanting to meet up and work on the game if you're in the vicinity I'm sure I can organize something. It is imperative to stay in contact (if possible) using Skype, Steam, E-mail etc.