Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragon Ball Capsule 9 Bike

palexpereira
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
palexpereira polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone,

I started to rewatch Dragon Ball, and thought the vehicle designs were pretty sick, so I decided to try to recreate the bike that Bulma uses in the beginning.
I'm currently in the middle of modelling the highpoly. Not so sure if all the pieces are working together. I would really appreciate your critiques and comments!

Here are my WIPs:

Reference from the manga and anime:

Replies

• Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    nice :) maybe you should post a picture from the manga, that would help when giving feedback.
    other then that I would say that the wheels look a bit too hard and flat, not comparing to the original
    drawing so it might be that way though.
  • palexpereira
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are totally right, just added the reference images to the first post. 
    The wheels are actually from another vehicle I did. Threw those in there just to get a feel for it quickly.

The design of the bike is not consistent between several places I looked at (manga, anime, figurines), so I took a little liberty. But I'm no designer.

I'm afraid I don't know what you meant by "hard and flat", I guess the original is even flatter. 
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    thanks for the pics :), sorry hard and flat maybe isn't the right terms, but in the manga pictures it has a more round shape, compared to the ones you have on now, sounds like it's just temporary though. also the gap between the tire and the "don't know the word" dirt protection seems to be too far, in the manga it's almost touching which I think looks better :) which is also because of the roundness of the tires I guess.
  • mazerius1st
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mazerius1st polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah the only really glaring difference are in the wheels. In your reference the wheels are somewhere between a medium and soft compound but yours is what you will see in a 4x4 off road racing in Paris - Dakar.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I think it looks really cool! looking forward to seeing more :)
  • BeardedMike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeardedMike polycounter lvl 7
    Only thing I can see that hasn't already been pointed out is the rear taillight in the reference image is missing in the model.  Aside from that  it looks really good!
  • palexpereira
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply :) Seems I need to focus on the wheels and lights.
    I'll post some more once I progress a little further