Home Technical Talk

Wireframe becomes a bit see through when moving closer and farther away. Smooth (3) enabled. .Giff

JamieRain
vertex
Offline / Send Message
JamieRain vertex
This only happens when smooth mesh proxy is on. Is there a way to fix it? I'm guessing it has to do with cameras but I havent found an option for it yet. 

If you look close enough you can see the wireframe 'trickling' off and on the 9mm bullet. I never noticed this before until just now. But it seems to ONLY happen when wireframe shaded is on with smooth mesh (3) is enabled. =x

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    It's the usual Zbuffer errors, I don't know what software this is but you can try playing with the camera clipping and that might fix it but this happens in all software to varying degree's nothing to worry about.
  • JamieRain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRain vertex
    Oh its Maya! Dont know why I didnt mention that. I tried playing with the camera but still no go. =x

• JustMeSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustMeSR polycounter lvl 4
    Same thing happens in Blender. Playing with viewport clipping fixes it though.
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    You may still get clipping even after adjusting camera clip planes if your model is extremely large compared to your scene's unit measurements.  Try switching to meters and readjusting clipping planes.

If that's not the problem try changing the Subdivision Method from OpenSubdiv Catmull-Clark to Maya Catmull-Clark.  I think this is only for Maya 2015 and beyond.  You can adjust the global subdivision method in the Preferences window (Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences), Modeling category on the left, and Polygons section on the right.  You should see the wireframe shift slightly as you change through the subdivision method options.