Home News

Crtl+Paint - Observation to Imagination

A new video tutorial for aspiring concept artists.

Ctrl+Paint has just added yet another video to their already great tutorial library, titled Observation to Imagination.  Rather than focusing on technique, this video discusses the mental aspects of drawing and how improving your mindset from the start can lead to great improvements. Head over to the tutorial's page to read more, and while you're there make sure to explore the rest of Ctrl+Paint as it's filled with valuable information.

Replies

• leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    These all look really interesting and only $10 too! The realistic surfaces one looks like it'd be good for 3D art
  • agitori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agitori polycounter lvl 7
    will take a look XD
  • PacoCasares
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PacoCasares polycounter lvl 11
    These look amazing! Has anyone taken these? Its worth checking out? I am tempted. I am not a concept artist, but to me its the second most important thing to be great at doing. Someone send me a PM if you have checked this out!
  • Fisty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fisty polycounter lvl 8
    i did some of the tutorials like a year ago maybe maybe less when he had a bunch of free ones up not sure if he still does have the free ones to lazy to check :D but they were help full and helped me polish some of my photo shop skills ;)
  • Macrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macrow polycounter lvl 8
    Matt's stuff is pretty good stuff. He has a very good way of explaining things, as well as a knack for touching on questions you don't often hear talked about much. I'm not a beginner, but I still find valuable stuff on his site towards improving myself. Some of it is rather common sense, but sometimes that's what you need to be reminded of the most. And sometimes he says or suggests something that makes me say, "Why didn't I think of that?" If you haven't been to the site in a good while, the site's undergone some changes, including better layouts of the video library and a blog. Check his stuff out if you haven't.