pixelherder

roBOT

Ryan Smith

Stinger88

STRIKER

TerraBite

Threads To Check Out

Starhawk art dump [image heavy]

You're making me hard. Making sense of hard edges, uvs, normal maps and vertex counts

That's it for this week, and remember, if you come across anything you feel is spotlight worthy, feel free to let us know via the "Contact Us" button.

Replies

• afisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    Great stuff guys!
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Weapon? What weapon? ;)

Looking great.
  • lamar McHaney
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lamar McHaney polycounter lvl 9
  • -Em'-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -Em'- polycounter lvl 8
    awesome work from first pic to last
  • BrendtheCow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrendtheCow polycounter lvl 8
    That's a hell of a way to show off your weapon, Lonewolf!
  • Tenshi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tenshi polycounter lvl 13
    Rei, and Weapon! Uff amazing guys! Everything here is just Art!
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beautiful work! I can't believe I missed the other recap. Thought it was every other week, but guess I was fooled.
  • ZeroCartin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroCartin polycounter lvl 16
    Amazing work guys!
  • Eleanorlamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dear users of poly count, as a woman who has a full understanding of the art process that goes into making these models, and the texture process it takes to make them look good, I find it amazing that the gigantor boobied freak weirdo model made by lone wolf has even made it to this page. It's also very shocking that there are very talented artists on this forum that do not get the proper recognition they deserve because instead of praising them, you choose to display this poorly put together photoshop file that really is disgusting & sexist on top of it. Maybe if you spent more time praising actual talent instead of a set of unrealistic tits then you would be able to learn something from the people who bust their asses to show off assets that are worth a look. Also as a woman, I find it extremely disheartening that you would even consider this for this page, mostly because it sets women back 100 years and as the trend is going as evidenced by naughty dog (ex. The last of us) and crystal dynamics (ex. New Laura croft) and the vets like valve (ex. Alex from half life and Zooey from L4D) the woman being portrayed in video games is becoming more realistic oppose to the traditional portrayal of a gigantic boobed short skirted dip shit. So kudos to you artists who understand the trend and try to make better art and more realistic characters. Because this is just a disgrace.

:)
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    Lonewolf didn't make the woman, he made the gun.
  • Eleanorlamb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doesn't matter, it's the point. the point of the matter isn't the quality of the weapon, It's the way it was presented. Also if you read my crazy person rant you would have gotten the message.
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
    But i love big boobies :/ but i understand where your coming from, heres something that was made here that should make up for it.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=908719&postcount=32
  • MissMaddyTaylor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MissMaddyTaylor greentooth
    @Eleanorlamb: First off, I'm a woman and I don't find the piece offensive. There are hundreds of other nudie bits on this site that I'm surprised you haven't already ranted about (but then again, I see this is only your second day here).

Like STRIKER pointed out, maybe you're unaware of what the Polycount community really is. We love big boobs, big cocks, and over all - BAD. ASS. ART. That is all.

But really, if our humor is not your type now, it'll soon grow on you.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    I say we stone Sean. It is the only way to right this wrong.
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
  • Gav
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    EleanorLam,

You mentioned you are' a woman who has a full understanding of the art process that goes into making these models '

Do you care to share your understanding, in the way of art and not words, so that simple folk like myself can have any respect for you whatsoever.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Just passing by to show off my username since I felt it was very appropriate here
  • beezul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    all of this art is SO RAD.
    dear elasnorelamb-
    i think its great that "people" are being depicted more realistically in games now. key word being people. But hey guess what. thats the great thing about art. you get to depict things unrealistically sometimes! isnt that just peachy? No one likes to be pigeon holed into making something a certain way because a small group of people want it that way. So please, get off your white horse and realize there are artists who will make things sexy because they damn well please AND they enjoy it. Who are you to take that joy from them? Appreciate the art people make for YOU and leave the art people make for others alone. k thanks bye
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    These guys are being really nice but its just plain pathetic of you to resort to insulting the skill of both lone wolf and Erasmus because you disagree with the stylistic choice made by the artist. I really hope you post some of your work because I'm sure they will give a the work fair and honest critique
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    Im a women too.
  • Thousand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thousand polycounter lvl 9
    great recap, amazing works - the polycount forum has so much to offer!
    and.... don´t feed the troll! (did i?)
  • Isobel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isobel polycounter lvl 14
    First of I love all this above :D

second:
    @ Eleanorlamb, I'm a woman I don't care about a man modelling those breast. I cheer for the guy at least they look real :P
    When commenting like that I think you actually cause to think like 50 years ago.

The only piece of comment I do have on the piece is that the breast seem to attach a bit odd. Of course I have no idea what it looks like when not posing ^^ He might want to look in on that, we are after all built a bit tricky, oh us women being difficult all of the time *giggle*
  • vikk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Greaaaaaaaaaaat recap

And Lonewolf, you are the God of Tits!!! Congratulations! :D
  • ykantbobreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ykantbobreed polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, I have to fall on the pro-boobs side of this, not because I believe that women should be objectified (which I do, so long as we agree than men should be objectified as well, so let's get on that), and not because I think the art isn't good (it's way better than I could do, but not as good as I hope someday to do), but because a pinup style character with a BA gun to me is a sign of a strong woman (person really, but this one happens to be female).

Let's keep away from body policing, as Perna points out, some women really have unusual shapes, and it's not your place to tell someone that it's not okay to look like that, just as I hope you feel beautiful in whatever body you were blessed with. You don't have to like everyone else's art. It's probably good to be polite (and rational) when criticizing other people's work. It's hard to imagine one image like that (or even a few billion) would make everyone suddenly think that women aren't people, and they aren't worthy of love and respect no matter what they look like or chose to wear (or whether they have a nice rifle). It was once said by a famous feminist (so famous I can't remember her name) that "Everyone wants to be a sex object, but no one wants to be *just* a sex object."