Home News

New Cintiq 24HD

New Cintiq 24HD photos and tech specs

It looks like the new Wacom Cintiq24HD is coming soon...

It will probably break a few hearts, wallets and desks...

http://cintiq24hd.com/news/news/recent-news/new-cintiq-24hd-photos-from-china

• DVI-I with HDCP + DisplayPort, Analog RGB
  • a-Si TFT active matrix LCD (h-IPS)
  • Brightness: 190cd/m2
  • Contrast: 550: 1
  • Reaction time:13 ms
  • Viewing Angle: 89/89/89/89
  • Parallax: 2.6mm
  • Native Resolution: 1920x1200
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:10
  • Supported Resolution: 1920x1200, 1600x1200, 1280x1024, 1024x768, 800x600, 640x480
  • Pixel Pitch: 0.270x0.270mm
  • Up to 92% Adobe RGB color saturation
  • 2048 levels of pressure sensors with 60 degree tilt sensor (Intuos4)
  • Wireless passive pen technology
  • Product Dimensions: 30.28 x 18.26 x 2.52 inches (769.3 x 463.7 x 64 mm) (without stand)
  • Screen Size: 24.1 inches, 20.41 x 12.76 inches (518.4 x 324.0 mm)
  • Weight: Digital display: 30.2 pounds (13.7Kg), with stand: 32.85 pounds (14.9Kg)
  • Power: 71W (maximum), 2W (sleep mode)
  • MTBF (mean time between failure): 20,000 hours

Thanks for letting us know about this Renauld!

Replies

• arrangemonk
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    could this probably mean price drop on other cintiq hardware?
  • gamedev
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    ^ ^ that's what I'm hoping ;)
  • Sandbag
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    There is word that this is not an actual Wacom product. The domain name isn't registered to Wacom and it's not mentioned on their real website...

Not 100% confirmed as fake, but quite possible.
  • Nilix
    20000/24 = 833.333 days, so 2 years.
    Wacom, once again, has created something that I know I don't really need, and will be a lot better in someone else's hands... but I want it now anyway.
  • krlozadan
    I hope it's not a copy of wacom's tablet. I hate when people start stealing ideas
  • Ryan Hawkins
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Krlozadan, the only reason we have better products is because of competition. I could care less of the name, if those specs are right and its a reasonably good build quality, ill buy it over the last wacom generation. I mean just going by the pictures its beautifully sleek.
    If its out in two years, ill buy it as a finishing my masters present.
  • Gusti
    Meh.. Quite honestly for a screen/tablet combo i think the 21" with its square resolution is better, plus it has a smaller desk footprint..
    This new one looks like it takes of alot of room with that stand.
    Also the specs on that screen seem fairly poor considering 1) the price of the Cintiq´s and 2) screens available today.

I had the Cintiq 12UX and absolutely hated it.. very unaccurate, the class was too thick so the cursor to pen-point never felt planted, the colors on it were very poor, the view angle not that good and it roasted my hand after longer periods of use due to how hot it got.
    Plus the jittery cursor which is purely due to bad construction and isolation between the tablet and the screen.
    About 3-4 centimeters on either side, and about 2 cm´s top and bottom were unusable no matter what "tricks" I tried from users or Wacom them selves. Sold it and got an Intuos4 L, which I then slapped 2mm hardened glass on top of it so it would not eat the nibs of my pens like a fat kid in a candy store.
    Seriously took 2 days to go through 1 of the standard black nibs.. after 3 hours of use they were edged and had flattened areas... Crazy stuff if you ask me :P

I´m currently just waiting on thinner and higher resolution laptop panels (15.3" fits perfectly over the active area of the large tablet) and make my own Cintiq, for a fraction of the cost of the real thing :P

These things, given how bad the monitor in the older ones were, are massively overpriced :(
  • clockchrome
    http://www.wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=9239&lang=en
    >Weight 29.0 kg (63.93 lb), incl. stand
    my poor desk will be crashed.
  • InMOP
  • Mark Dygert
    It looks like its 100% legit.
    http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq/Cintiq24HD.aspx

And a bit cheaper than I thought it was going to be. $2,499.00... still not cheap.
    Anyone else find it fishy that the 21UX is instantly out of stock? I'm sure they will be unloading the rest through a 3rd party?
  • |Buddy|
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    I bought 21UX just before they announced 24HD being approved by FCC.

@Out of stock, that is true, some people have to wait few months, I was lucky (or unlucky for that matter) to get it within 48 hours from order because they just had a shipment.

29kg seems quite extreme, 21ux's display is 8,5kg and the stand is less than that, so for extra 3 inches they double the weight? :S
  • krlozadan
    Lazerus Reborn, I totally agree with you about that, because i'm an artist.... it's just that I woulld be pissed off if I were the developer and see my idea a lot cheaper you know..... but what the hell can you do about it, it is always gonna happen.

BTW: I just found out this tables is indeed Wacom's creation!!

Check this out: http://www.3dworldmag.com/2011/09/13/wacom-cintiq-24hd-demo-at-3d-world/
  • AjdinBarucija
    "the only reason we have better products is because of competition"
    Yes and No.
    Products are made inferior and never to their full potential on purpose. They are created with the "intention" to break down or not as good as they should be. This way product demand for a "better" product from consumers is created, thus a new model coming out every few months. The same is said about software.
    We have the Science to make a computer, hardware amazingly close to perfect where we can have a super computer that is amazinly fast and never breaks down. Any...hardware. But then there would be no "Profit" in this. This technology has been around for a long long time now, and its cheap to make. But priced very high when sold =profit. Demand = Profit.
    The same can be said about Sftware. Max, Zbrush, Maya e.t.c. Why do you think the upgrades come out every few months. Deman again for a better product makes consumers spend more. 3Ds Max is a great example of this. Everything is planned by maximizing profit, what we have in todays society in terms of hardware and sofware are Inferior products because of this. This is what drives any economy.
    Frustrating no? Software, Hardware, all made to be inferior products with he intention of failing and being replaced by the next model to maximize profit and interest. Science is so close to making a Qunatum computer. Litteraly NO delay in processing speed.
    I would say always buy from a third party, or Used but make sure that person this gives you the guarantee that comes with it. =)
  • Robbyh
    you mean to say zbrush proffits off their updates ? how considering they´v been giving out free updates for ages now.