Home News

UDK May Update

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder

UDK May update has landed. Hit the flip for the deets.

You can get the update at the normal place; the official UDK website or more specifically the May update page as well. Not the largest update, but there's at least one feature I could use personally in my day job. Below is a cut and paste for the newsletter update for those that like to read such things:

May Beta Upgrade Notes

Unreal Editor

- You can now select multiple actors and transform them as a group!

- http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ActorGrouping.html

- In light of the new actor grouping system, the old grouping system and group browser have been renamed to Layers.

- The ability to toggle the visibility of specific in-editor sprite categories has been added.

- Unreal Landscape now automatically performs LOD-independent lighting without artist input.

- The editor now allows packages to be auto-checked in along with maps.

Unreal Kismet

- Easily find and add named variables to your Kismet using the new "Named Variables" right-click sub-menu.

- You can now copy and paste vertex colors when painting meshes.

Other Improvements

- AnimSets can now be edited as a group from Unreal Content Browser.

- Skeletal mesh import time has been drastically decreased.

- Skeletal mesh compression is now per LOD, not per mesh.

- Skeletal mesh actors can now be converted to SkeletalMeshCinematicActors without losing data.

- It is now possible to view different UV channels in the Static Mesh Viewer without changing the Unreal Lightmass UV coordinate index.

- The UV previewer in the Static Mesh Editor now defaults to LightmapCoordinateIndex channel when possible.

- Unreal Cascade allows the removal of duplicate modules from the system via the Particle Systems context menu's "Remove Duplicate Modules" entry.  
[r13 edit: OMG I want this now.]

Replies