Home Big News

Polycount, Recap

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Someone who's been a member just as long as I have (or longer?), Marine, suggests some threads to me every week for the recap thread. I share the link with a Emil & Mark and between the three of us we figure out who's going to write the recaps. I am sad to say, you've got me writing it this week. Ha!

The past few weeks for me have been really hectic. I haven't been able to get as much stuff done with PC as I'd have liked to, but one thing that remains consistent is my need to model something. At this moment I am currently torn between working on my Evil Genius environment, the Ninja Turtle's 'Party Wagon', or robots. The Turtles van has my attention the most right now. I've always wanted to do a highpoly project with a Chevy van like this and think Party Wagon fits pretty well. Turtles riding around in a chevy van with huge tires just sounds awesome to me. Now that I've shared what projects I'm kicking around you should reply with what you're working on. 10 points to those who include forum links.

There was a ton of action in the Polycount Forum this week. Especially this crazy good collection of highpoly sculpting & hard surfaces. Before jumping in, here now is a playlist of what robots f-cking sounds like dubstep for your browsing pleasure. Turn it up then scroll down.

Papagersi tossed this orc bust up. Jump in to see a colour pass. Why is he so sad? :(

StevenEgan is off to a great start with this character. See also: loin cloth

Inquisitive orcs will always make the front page. Especially when they come with an awesome time-lapse video. Great work crazyfool.

[vimeo clip_id="19564976" height="" width="650"]

Terrabite, please finish this Luigi.

Awesome pose and his glare is spot on. Intense, spacemonkey.

Replies