Home News

The Payloads of Gibraltar

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder

I don't typically do this sort of thing, but I'm gonna take advantage of a slow Saturday and announce that I have a final alpha version of the Team Fortress 2 map, plr_Gibraltar, I've been whittling away at for a couple of months now. It's a payload race style map in a train / warehouse / depot flavor. I'll show you a picture or two after the jump with the download as well.

plr_Gibraltar_a1

The map is one large open arena with the payload tracks weaving around the train piers and walls. The path takes both of the payloads on their seperate but mirrored paths through the maze. Both return to the center of the map for the final goal. The map is also divided into 3 vertical layers from the payload floor, the lower trains and up to the spawn level with ramps available to allow any class the ability to get up and down through the map easily.

There is one source of environmental damage in the map that will demand your attention, the trains.  There is 4 of them and you not find yourself able to outrun them. They start out slow, but soon there will always be the sound of that train horn in the back of your thoughts.

I hope you have fun with it. I've had a lot of fun making this little arena of death for you. The map should be running publicly on the CnB servers in rotation soon if you'd like to try it out with a full server.  Here's the full panorama of the map from above and a few of the custom posters textures I painted up.

plr_Gibraltar download

Replies