Home News

ZSwitcher Maya Nav in ZBrush

Those awesome people over at Digital Raster bring Maya's Alt Centeric Nav to Zbrush.

http://draster.com/ZSwitcher/

"ZSwitcher is a plug-in that allows you to use the same mouse and keyboard hotkeys to navigate your 3D canvas in ZBrush as you would in your 3D viewports in Maya, Mudbox, and many other 3d applications that use the Alt-centric navigation method. Artists that use both ZBrush and other 3d applications in production will save time and energy with a unified user interface."

I thought this was pretty damn handy, I like having my viewport nav synced across all my platforms. Checkout their other product Switcher for 3dsmax, its the same idea but for max.

Try it out for yourself, if you like it, thank them by buying it, $28 for a single personal license (non-commercial) and $68 for a professional license. You can upgrade from personal to commercial for $28.

Replies

• VidGameDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sounds cool but nothing TOO new.
    personally i don't like the switcher for max cause i don't want to constantly look on my keyboard.
    i'd rather look at the screen 24/7

cheers...
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    Now I want a switcher that lets me do 3ds max controls in Maya, I'm not sure how many people learn which program first but most people I know use max as their default. Awesome product !
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    LOL. Good one Brad. I am not a fan of Maya's controls
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    "Try it out for yourself, if you like it, thank them by buying it, $28 for a single personal license (non-commercial) and $68 for a professional license. You can upgrade from personal to commercial for $28."

So its cheaper to get the single and then the upgrade then buy the upgrade outright?
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    @ vidgamedude

I don't see how using switcher will make you constantly look at your keyboard. And this is not about being "new", this is about creating a more comfortable workflow for the users. Something that should be built into all major programs.
  • Kewop Decam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kewop Decam polycounter lvl 9
    This is cool. I hope for people that use it that it doesn't break things in Zbrush like Switcher breaks things in Max. I'm lucky all the things it breaks I don't use.
  • dRaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dRaster polycounter lvl 17
    @Kewop Decam, can you explain what Switcher "breaks" in 3ds max?
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    I see no option to upgrade from personal to commercial...
    Before I waste duckets on a temp personal could someone actually provide a direct link that provides for such a path?
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    tic toc tic toc,

the clock is out on my trial.

Guess I'll have to find out myself if there is really an upgrade path.

As no one seems to know for sure ( maybe the email is stuck online somewhere? )

Done and done.

nope. ptooey and hogwash. After ordering the personal license I still see no upgrade path.

I think the mix up comes from someone's interpretation of the

license recieved when you complete your order, that states:

[quote]

If you plan to use ZSwitcher for non-commercial or educational purposes, you can purchase it for the discounted price of $28.

Personal licenses have the same exact features as commercial licenses -- the only difference is price.

This offer is limited to only individuals (not to be combined with company accounts) and is only applicable once per customer.

[/quote]

Which is not a "commercial" license you can purchase for the discounted price of $28.

It is the NON-commercial license you "have" purchased whose usage is

being described to you in a confounding tense.

( you can purchase something you just purchsed if you run sideways very quickly till the whole space-time continuum rips a hole up the crack of yer .... )

I don't see no upgrade path.

No one from Digital Raster has e-mailed me back yet.

Till then it is vapor. ( vapor burns )