Home News

L.A. Noire - Debut Trailer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18

Rockstar Games team up with Australia's own Team Bondi to create this beautifully animated master piece of a game titled L.A. Noire.

Props to go to my mate Jacob for hooking me up with this.

More after the jump.

You may be thinking... What? Another GTA clone? Maybe so, but this 1940s detective thriller looks like it could compete with the big boys, especially with a name like Rockstar attached to it.

I've only seen a few screenshots and the Debut Trailer (below) and I was blown away by how fluid the animation was and how well executed the facial animation and lip sync was. A new animation system was developed specifically for this title and it has paid off in a big way! Look out, uncanny valley!

There has been some bad press in the past for this game and its developer Team Bondi. Rumour has it that this game has been in development since 2003 and was originally being published by Sony and under a different title.

Regardless of rumours, check out the Debut Trailer, which reads more like a Hollywood blockbuster film than an actual game, and I'll let the art do all the talking. I hope you have a Kleenex handy.

L.A. Noire is set for release in the second quarter of 2011.

Related Links:

Replies