Home Big News

Friday Community Re-cap

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

So it's Friday and you're sitting there, thinking to yourself, 'Gee I'd really love to listen to some ROCK. Rock found in a video game. Oh, and looking at some sexy art would be great! YEAH!' Well, that's awesome.

It's weird that I can read your mind like that but awesome none-the-less.

If I were you - which I'm not, because I am thinking much dirtier things thank you - I would start listening to this playlist below. All of the songs were found in DICE's Battlefield Vietnam.

And yes I realize Pain for Pleasure was not in that game. But dammit I dragged the song in to the play list and am too lazy to take it out. And, well, it sorta works.

Once you've hit play, we can begin.

Coming in from Marine, our ninja Editor here at Polycount, is one hell of a Friday Forum Recap.

Polycount

As usual, we begin with the time honoured tradition of Polycount coming first, laughing mightily at the other communities and their pitiful efforts.

Long time lurker, Powermaennchen, has brought his cuddly funtank out of the darkest pits of cuteness.
Keep an eye on it, as he still plans to polish it more, and try to convince his pet codemonkey to start writing the game the tank is for.

JFletcher shows off his awesome hand painted sword inspired by World of Warcraft, cramming a huge amount of detail in to a very small texture. I have to say, it looks better than a lot of the weapons in WoW.

Rayph is sharing a concept of his big brute character; a very nicely executed piece. It's always good to see concept art being posted. That, and it looks like a giant gremlin!

ZBrush Central

ZBrushCentral brings the win again, with Tiflos20 getting the ball rolling with a pirate robot, a fun idea. The little touches like the cog doubloons and binary rum label make this one stand out.

cgyuan's Jeanna D'arc is easily one of the most stunning pieces I've seen recently. While the textures are a little low res, everything works together very well. And he was gracious enough to share his hair method and shader setup too.

Fun Stuff

Huge thanks to Marine for this weeks community recap. That man is on fire lately and we love him for it. To end this weeks recap off, Studio Aiko have released a bunch of videos of a photo-real schoolroom scene they created. This thing is amazing, make sure you check out the making of video too.

[vimeo clip_id="14715111" height="" width="650"]

Relevant Links

Replies