Home Big News

Halo's Forge World

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

This is my last post before heading out to England to see what all the hoopla is over for old bricks and guys with funny hats. With that, I thought I'd make it a fun one: Halo Reach's Forge World. And my friends, it looks great. And I'm not even a Halo player.

Forge World

As an environment artist myself, I absolutely love the idea that a linear shooter is shipping with a streamlined, fixed up and fancy sandbox editor. Halo: Reach: 'The Forge World' will allow users to create their own game modes, levels, art pass and pretty well anything they want. The kicker? Well, there's two. The scale is HUGE, and this time around Bungie's learned from their fans and made habits from the last editor features in the new one - I absolutely love that.

I like it when developers ship their game with an editor.

I love it when developers ship their game with an editor that is streamlined, fun and easy to use.

This editor looks to be just that. When any videogame allows the player to do something else within the game that is NOT the intended main experience (like completing a multi-hour campaign) than that is just a great thing.

After watching this video, I think you'll agree that beyond the typical single-player and multiplayer experience, there is a metric shit-ton of fun to be had with Halo Reach's Forge World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcmrL29WII

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Related Links

Halo Reach

Bungie

Replies