Home News

Aaah... Monday

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

Still rubbing the sleep out of your eyes?

Waiting anxiously to find out who's in the first ever Polycount Pack?

Then hop on in and kill some time.

Here's a few things we saw over the weekend that we thought you'd enjoy.

Beyond Black Mesa

A teaser trailer hit the internet not long ago for an indie film called 'Beyond Black Mesa' - inspired by Half-Life. This teaser had a budget of $1,200 and the post work alone took over 2 years to complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPb1Xw0K_Q

'I hope he remembers to pick up some fabric softener'

Found over at Marvel.com- and the cover of Amazing Spiderman #601 - J. Scott Campbell's rendition of Peter Parker's dame, Mary Jane, had me wondering what she's thinking.

[caption id="attachment_2064" align="aligncenter" width="550" caption="Nice shirt."][/caption]

Coming Soon: 1903

Shorpy.com - my favourite blog second to Polycount - has a huge collection of high res images ranging from the late 1800's to around 1950. This one below is jut a small sample of the types of images you'll find over there. If you ever find yourself on a project of an old date and time, within North America, Shorpy should be your first visit for references.

I found this one at this post here (and I'm displaying it at HALF its resolution from the site).

Triangle

Here's a fourth item here for you to gaze over as you get over the morning hump: TRIANGLE - a video created by Onur Senturk - was created with Robert Knoke's black & white artwork as a basis. This video was used as promotion for Knoke's new book, Black Material.

[vimeo clip_id="13216490" height="" width="650"]

Relevant Links

Replies