Home News

Artsy Round-Up

MoP
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoP polycounter lvl 18

In case you folks are so obsessed by Polycount that you never look anywhere else, we've brought some cool stuff from other CG communities direct to you!

• ZBrush monster goodness
  • A happy bather!
  • Mermaid and breakdown

Find out more after the jump!

ZBrushCentral

So, first up, I found this really nice sculpt over on ZBrushCentral a few days back. It didn't even get the top row, and totally dropped off the face of the forums there, but I reckon it's really worth digging up and looking at!

It's created by Guilherme "Sathanael" Formenti, based on concept art by Adrian Smith. The detailing and presentation is really quite something, I reckon this is well worth saving to your inspiration folder!

3DTotal

Igor Catto has posted a pretty cool character study over on 3DTotal. It's a very well-executed model, texture and render of a large, happy female bather - not your everyday standard space marine or monster, so it's quite a refreshing change!

CGTalk

Finally, you may have seen this before since it's a couple of weeks old, but Olivier Ponsonnet has updated his Mermaid thread on CGTalk with some wireframes and screengrabs of the scene setup - it's pretty nice!

Here's the whole thread, and here's the later post with the wireframes.

Now, how's that for a nice little collection to make your art-brain fizz?

Relevant links

Replies