Home Big News

Art of Allods Online

MoP
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoP polycounter lvl 18

So, our old friend slipgatecentral (past Dominance War winner, although he was fighting for the wrong side!) has just appeared as if by magic and poured a ton of amazing art onto our humble forum!

If you hadn't heard of Allods Online before now, folks, maybe now's the time to start paying attention. It's a free-to-play MMO created by the Russian developer Astrum Nival, and while I'm not an MMO player myself (so I have no idea how the game plays), I can confidently state that it's looking fabulous! slipgatecentral has kindly posted a ton of characters and creatures from the game, and he's promising even more to come soon. We can't wait!

Here are a couple of the game's "faction leader" characters. These are pretty straightforward, but cleanly executed and well presented.

Now we get onto the stuff that I really like the look of. There are some pretty outlandish creature and monster designs here, and they all look stunning. These are all fairly low-poly meshes by today's standards (although probably quite high for an MMO, especially a free one!), but they're expertly crafted. Some beautiful texture work layered on top of this really makes each character a work of art in its own right.

And as if that's not good enough, they also have a ridiculously cute selection of critters on show!

OK, if you liked the look of that small selection, then you will love the rest of this stuff. What are you waiting for? The full thread can be found here!

Replies