Home Big News

Friday’s Forum Recap

r13
founder
Offline / Send Message
r13 founder

Alright let's get to the part where we are actually discussing important things. Things like the Friday Forum Recap perhaps? Yes, I think so.

First up was the note from Mr. Clark that Crazy Bump has been upgraded to One Point Two Beta Four. It's much more impressive if you spell it all out. I won't lecture you on what Crazy Bump is. You should know by now. All the cool kids are using it.

We had those rocking Prince of Persia sculpts posted up on ZBCentral to give you something to ponder while waiting for that map to compile. That's the big pic on the top with the horns and the shoulderpads.

And perhaps while waiting for your raid to start you've already spent some time perusing Boss Battle, the latest sculpting contest from CGSculpt.org.Seems like a pretty good way to get your tentacle on.

Adam hoisted Phillip Bailey up the flagpole for all to see with a display of his art and naughty bits. He seems to enjoy quality Prussian headgear as well. A love of hats is a healthy love, which is something that provides a perfect segway into..

The fact that The Team Fortress 2 Contest is still going on, of course. I won't speak to any favorites I may or may not have, but I can't wait for this one to end. Just so I can have some of these new toys. I giggle every time i go and look at the progress made. I'm an old old old school TF fan. There was a weekend that I spend pondering whether to make a TF1 map site or doing a Quake2 models site. I picked the models site obviously, but having this contest here has been so personally gratifying I can't begin to explain in a mixed age audience.

Last on the list is a little request for some of your opinions, if you have any to spare. Locally here at the green ranch, we're looking for some input on some potential new features for this place. We got a whole pile of raw code and polygons back there that we're just itching to put to good use. But we're doing this properly as internet protocol demands: We're doing a poll.

Replies