Home News

Punks, Winners and Buzz

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19

What do a punk, a contest winner and a ranger from the Intergalactic Alliance have in common?

They're kicking off Friday's community round-up - after the jump!

vikramvr's Punk Character

Game-Artist.net member 'vikramvr' has posted this fantastic character creation of his, a punk' character. Don't let the vague title throw you off, this character is anything but. One of the best things about this character is not only his design, but how he was designed and presented. It's something i think all character artists should do when developing a characters: Theme everything to that character. Even this punks turnaround is themed! It makes you appreciate the design that much more when it is done so in this manner.

Dominance War "4.5" Winner

Erigo earned top spot in GameArtisan's Dominance War "4.5" contest with his beautiful entry, "Spirit Of Poverty". My favourite elements of this are the end results for the fabric on the character. Certain pieces - especially the loin - are as if I can feel their material.

Buzz Lightyear

Raoni Nery's rendition of Buzz Lightyear over at CGChannel is a piece that I am sure a lot of you have seen by now but its so great we're sharing it here with you now, again, just in case! It helps that Toy Story is one of my all-time favourite movies.

Seeing this Buzz Lightyear has me wondering what other Disney characters would look great with a realistic approach to their rendering. Mowgli? Aladdin? Cruella Deville? Hmm...

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Its cool to finally see the punk guy done, the attention to detail and all the small things that area really well done make this piece stand out.

I was hoping buzz would be more than a bust, awesome character interpretation though.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Agreed. It's been going on for awhile but the final presentation was worth the wait. If only every character could be presented this way...