Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Heroes of the West needs Various artists

Hello My name is Liam Kenendy and I am the Producer of Heroes of the West for Red Orchestra 2. A developer backed mod that brings the entire game to the Western Front in WW2 with the British, American and German forces. We are looking for a proper steam mod release which takes the mod from the workshop and makes it function like a steam app. Only free and it requires the base game.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/heroes-of-the-west
4ieoadpng

We have a team already but some of our members are rather overworked. So we need people to spread the workload. Basically who we need are...

Character modellers
Weapon modellers (also need a few existing weapons edited as well)
Environment artists
Mappers (need the RO2 SDK for this)
Animators (more on a need basis)
Texture artists. (to a lesser extent).

Character Modellers:

The Americans are in desperate need of winter uniforms or they'll freeze to death. As do the British. But If you specifically want to make a certain Character model for any faction in any WW2 time period after January 1944 that could be arranged if we don't have it already.

Weapon Modellers:

Still need some weapons done. Including weapon modifications. Things like the Webley, M1A1 Thompson, M2HB browning, luger etc. And again if you want to do any other particular weapon you can suggest it and I'll say if its possible or not.

Environment Artists:

To make assets for maps and such French, west German and Italian style buildings or destroyed buildings or a German sentry box or a 1940s rubbish bin. Anything really. That fists the period.

Mappers:

If you have made maps in the UDK or for other games that use the Unreal 3 engine with their SDKs adjusting to the RO2 SDK isn't hard. There's tutorials everywhere of what to use and the kismet is relatively simple wouldn't even need any prior kismet experience if you don't know what it is. But of course maps do take a lot of time to make.

Animators:

Animators would really just be putting their names down until we get something to animate. Which there are a couple of things around usually. Currently we have been getting AMG (Antimatter Games) to do all our weapon animations but it would be better if someone out there did a few. Of course it will have to be up to standard.

Texture Artists:

We have a few unorthadox texture artists to say the least who modify existing textures (and models) to look like something else. Which has been quite effective. But we don't have many proper texture artists who can texture a blank mesh from scratch. That is what we need.

If you think you can help in another way please let me know.

You can contact me by leaving a post here, sending me a private message or emailing me at Lemon.kennedy@gmail.com