Home Dota 2

Dota 2 animation competition and character Rig dump?

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
Hello

I have a couple of questions

Question 1 - I am looking for Dota 2 animations, can you post some examples or is there already a thread? I was sure there was once a "Dota 2 Polycount animation competition"?

Question 2 - The Dota 2 character rigs, is there a dump file anywhere with them all in, save me doing them one by one? - http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements (BRISTLEBACK looks like a popular entry level rig)

Examples

[vv]75782441[/vv]

(Skip to 22 seconds)
[vv]89796598[/vv]

Cheers, Neil

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello littleclaude,

Maybe the DOTA 2 competition is old since I am practically new to the forum. I don't remember such contest and is not listed in the "Contests & Challenges Archives" hehe.

To your 2 question , I don't have a clue haha D:

I did this Idle animation as part of the weekly challenges but I don't know if it helps you since is different from the original Earthshaker idle

[vv]136403979[/vv]
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Arturow wrote: »
    Hello littleclaude,

Maybe the DOTA 2 competition is old since I am practically new to the forum. I don't remember such contest and is not listed in the "Contests & Challenges Archives" hehe.

To your 2 question , I don't have a clue haha D:

I did this Idle animation as part of the weekly challenges but I don't know if it helps you since is different from the original Earthshaker idle

Thank you. I think there was awards for "particle spell, character model and animation", not sure where it has gone? I will have a look around tomorrow and see what I can find.
  • ike_ike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    that was probably the league of legends competition. they had particles, concept character model, animation and enviro art.

http://www.polycount.com/riotcontest2014/
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Yes, well done, thank you.