Home Adobe Substance

Dota 2 Shader

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
hey! First of all I have to say the substance painter is great! the custom export and the way it works with masks for all the channels at the same time is awesome.
I am trying to move my workflow to it but hit some walls

Is there any chances to get a Dota 2 shader or more channels to emulate to source 2 hero shader?

The pbr metal with alpha test get close but it would need the rim light and tint specular by difuse color

And I cant get the Glossiness to work, was it supposed to be visible on the viewport and I am doing something wrong?

thanks!

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    I converted the Dota2 shader to make it work in Substance Painter but the set up is cumbersome with user channels to set up manually and everything.
    We will probably release it properly along with some other goodies later this year.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    That would be great Jerc

If you need someone to test it just let know, you can reach me on pm here or on my email tvidotto@gmail

I don't think setting up manually would be a problem, we could setup the file with a dummy mesh and only replace it, right?
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yes, I'll make it available here when we release 1.6 as it supports external texture sampling in the shader so you'll be able to use custom diffuse warp gradients for example.