Home Contests & Challenges Archives Warframe

Warframe Tennogen: Welcome, Documentation and News

OLuC5ZKpng

21/12/2015 Edit by Kary:

We expect to have the winning helmets live in game today!  Thanks again to everyone who participated.  We learned a lot with the contest and hope that everyone enjoyed it.  To the winners:  If you would like your item in game please send me a message with your in game alias and we see if we can get it to you (PC only for the time being, and there will be a gap in our availability around Xmas).

We are also opening up 6 new characters for skins and alt helmets today.  A group of our players voted to have Mesa, Chroma, Nova, Nekros, Zephyr, Frost as workshop options and you can get the source files here:  At https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Our intention is to integrate a new group of Workshop items into Warframe early in 2016 so if you have some free time during the holidays we will be looking for awesome stuff soon :smile: .

02/12/2015 Edit by Kary:

Thanks to everyone that participated in the contest!  It was very fun to watch all the entries come together and see folks help each other through the contest :)

We will open up more content for the Workshop soon (more characters to create helmets for, etc). 

We are starting to look through the contest winning material this week and hope to the winners in game within a few weeks.

Create new Warframe content!

Do you have the skills and know-how to make textures? Ever wanted to see your design in Warframe?

Get in on our new TennoGen Steam Workshop and you could do just that!

TennoGen Steam Workshop is Warframe content created by Tenno, for Tenno. Starting today we're opening submissions for our first items in the Workshop -- weapon skins. Submit in your designs and you could see them for sale in the Warframe Market! This isn't just for bragging rights, you'll also receive 30% of the sales received from your item!

There are two ways Tenno can participate! First, if you are a skilled content-creator who is familiar with tools like Photoshop and how to make your own Textures, we invite you to get started and submit your creations for Community voting! Second, if you have no experience with texturing items but want to help decide what gets into the game, we invite you to vote and rank the creations made by your fellow Tenno!

The following Weapon Skins will be open for TennoGen design submissions:
  • Mag Warframe: Skin (texture)
  • Volt Warframe: Skin (texture)
  • Excalibur Warframe: Skin (texture)
  • Sybaris Rifle: Skin (texture)
  • Gorgon Rifle: Skin (texture)
  • Amprex Rifle: Skin (texture)
  • Original Warframe Cape/Syandana. (sculpt and texture).
  • Liset (personal Ship): Skin (texture).

This forum has all the information you need to get started. Please note to submit skins you will need a considerable amount of experience with texturing and various software. All skins will be reviewed by members of the DE team. We will be adding the best of what we see and what is voted on into the game on our own Schedule.

Get creative, Tenno!

FAQ:

How do I get started?

See our guide here on everything you need to know: Steam Workshop Guide

We have developed a small program (Warframe Tennogen) that will allow you to upload your assets to the Steam Workshop. The Tennogen utility will also allow you to preview your assets via a WebGL viewer that is running an approximation of our in game shader. The previewer uses the same arrangement of textures that your asset needs to work in Warframe and it will help you develop an asset that will colour well when our player customize it. The help documentation is linked within the Tennogen utility and can be accessed directly here:

Download the Tool here from Steam by searching for 'Warframe TennoGen', the App ID is 396050.

How are submissions chosen?

Submissions are chosen by Digital Extremes based on quality and creativity. We will consider the popularity of skins as deemed by the Tenno, but we will be making the final call on what we add to the game. For information on why a skin was Rejected, see here

How much will I make?

If your skin is chosen, you will make 30% of each sale. This 30% is a percentage of the cash transaction, not Platinum Currency

I don't know anything about Texturing, what should I do?

If you don't know a lot about Texturing, we have made many resources available here: https://warframe.com...art-style-guide Note that we only will accept the highest quality submissions, you are encouraged to master the tools before you submit.

How often is Digital Extremes adding TennoGen Skins into the game?

We aim to add TennoGen Skins to the game as frequently as we can - this depend a lot on the quality of submissions. We aim to have our first set of TennoGen Skins in the market by the end of November.

I don't use Steam - how do I get the skins?

We are keeping the content to Steam right now - once we are confident the program is a success, we are exploring other platforms with the content creators. Contracts outside of Steam take time, and we will approach this as quickly as we can once we get a sense of participation in the program.

Replies

• polygonmonster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygonmonster polycounter lvl 8
  • Haftoof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haftoof polycounter lvl 4
    Are there plans to include full mesh replacement in the future?

Looks like another fun opportunity.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks to everyone that participated in the contest!  It was very fun to watch all the entries come together and see folks help each other through the contest :)

We will open up more content for the Workshop soon (more characters to create helmets for, etc). 

We are starting to look through the contest winning material this week and hope to the winners in game within a few weeks.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18

We expect to have the winning helmets live in game today!  Thanks again to everyone who participated.  We learned a lot with the contest and hope that everyone enjoyed it.  To the winners:  If you would like your item in game please send me a message with your in game alias and we see if we can get it to you (PC only for the time being, and there will be a gap in our availability around Xmas).

We are also opening up 6 new characters for skins and alt helmets today.  A group of our players voted to have Mesa, Chroma, Nova, Nekros, Zephyr, Frost as workshop options and you can get the source files here:  At https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples

Our intention is to integrate a new group of Workshop items into Warframe early in 2016 so if you have some free time during the holidays we will be looking for awesome stuff soon :smile: .

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Aww, the frames I wanted to play with the most aren't in... But! I already have some ideas stewing. ;) Time to get to work!
    Awesome stuff! Keen on seeing the items in-game too.

While I'm here though @kary, even though the option isn't available in Tennogen itself, can we make alpha effects for Syandanas (like many in the game at current)? My progress is being stalled a little on whether or not I'm allowed to go ahead on a few ideas that really need alpha to work.
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    @BagelHero Yep alpha stuff is very doable.  We do try to keep the complexity down, but panning textures / rippling / using alpha for much fancier silhouette than you'd ever get in polys are all fine.  
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    As time has gone on it seems like a lot of our traffic has moved to the WF forums, but to let folks following here know: 
    https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples we do have a few new Warframes open for content creation (Vaubon and Nyx as of this morning).  I will be adding a few a week for the next several weeks, with the goal of getting content files for all WFs available ASAP.  
    I will be doing a dedicated slot of feedback time somewhat soon.  I do try to answer questions as I'm able (esp. tech things), but will be a bit more of a AMA format.
    Other than that we'll be working to improve the process as we can.  It's just starting to feel like we are getting our feet under us, but we do need to do a fair bit more to support our content creators.
  • Arsenal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arsenal polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks Kary, I'm sure juggling work-work and community stuff can be overwhelming. Thanks for the update, I'll be looking forward to the feedback AMA. Hope to see a post before it actually happens. 
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    It's been a bit quiet here lately, but we've been getting some tremendous stuff over on the Warframe forums lately.  Do want to be sure that the news does spread over here though as PC has so much talent in one spot.

We've just opened up the vast majority of the characters for Tennogen alt Helmets now.  The exception is Equinox, who we have a few technical issues to sort out before we can go ahead.  With everyone available there should be a topic or style that'll appeal to just about everyone :)

https://warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=content-files-and-examples content files here