Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Simple Emergency Hatch PBR Texturing[WIP]

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
tzeentch polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, this is a texture I've been working on for skool and tbh, got kinda lost staring at it for so long. :polytwitch: I'm begging for harsh critique. I have this feeling there's something terribly wrong with my maps. These are my textures:
P5ak3R7.jpg
PaFpD2A.jpg
3bDGJyG.pngaE7z24r.jpg

Exported to UE4 from 3dsmax. Textured with photoshop.
I'm working in 2k textures but I down-scaled them for the sake of this thread.
Also I have this weird problem: I get this dark blue line on the border which is lighter in all the maps.

vZ0pv6E.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Cay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cay polycounter lvl 5
    Hey! Your maps look fine to me! Though I'd suggest keeping the metalness in almost pure black and white.. as it should be either one or the other. I think it's fine to have a small transition area though. The metalness also appears to be the reason why you are getting this outline.. the area is white in your metalness map.
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Can't really find too much to complain about, The handle could use a bit more visual interest, it's a bit too flat atm. There is also a square around the text in the roughness map, it seems a bit out of place, like you intended to do it but forgot about it on the other maps, I would say remove it or make it so that it is clearly seen.

Edit: If it's supposed to be on the floor of the scene I would suggest putting some text like "Don't step on the grate" or something around that area to add some visual interest.
  • tzeentch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tzeentch polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks guyz.
    I tweaked my maps and I added some more detail on the bottom part.
    I'm pretty okay with the final render (:
    guyeQeR.jpg
  • jnascimento
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jnascimento polycounter lvl 4
    Like it :) . going to use it somewhere? Game Engine? Render?