Home General Discussion

Gunfire Games - Weekly Twitch Stream

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Progg polycounter lvl 11
Hello Fellow Polycounters,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on Polycount, but we have been very busy at Gunfire Games shipping our first game Herobound: Spirit Champion a few months ago for Samsung Gear VR as well as wrapping up the Darksiders 2 Deathinitive edition a few weeks ago. We also recently launched our website at www.gunfiregames.com where we posted some info on our current project Chronos that was showcased at the Oculus E3 event.

Somehow in all of this craziness over the last year we decided as a studio we wanted to work on a side project during everyone’s “free-time.” That project has turned into what we are calling ‘Super Fuseball.’ The game is nothing more than an experiment stylistically and thematically. Two teams fight for control of the ball (bomb) and have a limited amount of time to score a goal before the bomb explodes. The rounds are super-fast and reactive with explosions and body parts galore. The gameplay is a mix of football and hot-potato all wrapped up in a ‘Running Man’, 80’s themed retro art style that is very stylized and over the top. I can’t reveal too much yet, but the gameplay will involve those spectating the matches in a special way.

The reason I am making this post is because moving forward we plan to stream some of the early development builds and playtests as we piece things together on Super Fuseball. This project is just something for ‘fun’ at the studio in celebration of our 1-year anniversary and true to that theme we are trying to be very open about the game. We plan to release it to everyone to play whenever we get it to a more polished state. Until then we figured we would do a weekly Twitch stream so others can see some of the development processes that go on at an indie game studio. The first few will probably be rough as we iron out the kinks but if there is enough interest going forward we plan on making this a regular thing where we showcase different things going on in the studio. (Similar to the recent playthrough of Darksiders 2 Deathinitive with Joe Mad and the guys at Airship_Syndicate). All in all, the idea is to be more open with the community and to showcase more of what is going on at the studio. Keep an eye out for some cool art dumps in the future as well.

The goal is every Friday at 4 pm CST on our Twitch Channel : http://www.twitch.tv/gunfire_games
I’ll be sure to update this thread as Friday rolls around to let people know if anything changes.

Until then, enjoy an awesome teaser image for Super Fuseball by our talented concept artist : Dan Beaulieu (@Beaulieu_Dan)

Replies