Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Hand-painted low poly scene] Pumpkin Man and his little friend

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mallaria polycounter lvl 4
Hi Everyone! :)
I'm working on something a bit more complex (for me at least xD. Since I'm still huge noob :D )

I want to finish it before 31st since its Halloween themed :)
I did a concept of a scene im trying to make. I started modeling it before the concept was made. Cause i only made a character and then decided i want to make it in a scene. I already sculpted tombstone in Zbrush. I wanted to bake normal maps but decided i don't want to, and retopo it into low poly.

This is the concept:
wzMZtaA.jpg
and pumpkin(not the prettiest but that will do :D):
bc6GKcL.jpg
Pumpkin wip:
P8lIi93.png
Tombstone HP:
HNFYORi.png
and LP:
NmJXyoS.png

I hope you guys like that idea :3 Im really into handpainted textures. But im no good with modeling so im hoping it will turn out nice, with your great help :3 Soo comments and critique is welcomed as ever!
Thankss~~
-Mallaria

Replies

• Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Ive been working on it one and on for past couple days. I think i will start unwraping it tommorrow and start painting textures on these. Then rigg and skin pumpkin man and try put it on scene :)

teSIPSi.png
    qBBBjwI.png

c&C are welcome :)
    ~M
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    Pretty cute! I really love the concept! The lowpoly models seem good so far but the shapes of the tombstone don't seem as crisp as the concept, it looks like it's missing some of the bigger forms that are suggested in the concept.

Paintover:
    PS9rR4a.jpg

Keep at it!
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Alemja Thanks! to be honest this tombstone was created as first, that time i didnt had in mind doing anything with it beside learnign how to bake normal maps. Then i decided i want to make it low poly, then i decided to do a pumpkin man, and made couple very fast easy loose sketches, started working on character, and THEN painted this concept.... haha not the best pipeline i know :D
    But i will remeber what yo uwrote once i will start painitng textures on it :)

Now im posting wip form painting textures on Pumpkin man :) Im using 3dCoat.
    G27Jf5H.png
    I will definitely work more on the whole head. i might repaint it

c&c as always are welcome! :)
    -M
  • Mallaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sadly its past 31st and i didint finish it yet. had rough days at work and been sick past week :C 
    I'm soon going to finish the pumpkin man. its looking like this right now: 

also i started painting the tombstone, but painting stone is something I'm still struggling with :S I think the stone pieces are too small, maybe i should make it bigger, like its made from bigger stone parts?

C&C are welcome! :)