Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AWM/AWP Sniper Rifle

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
DuzeZ polycounter lvl 10
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I want to show you my last project. I'm satisfied with the model but I think there is a lot to do with textures. Textures was made in substance painter. I would be grateful if you could give me some advices how to improve textures (and model).

Thank you! (Sorry for my English, I'm still learning :poly121:)
sebastian-fijal-awmrifle-1.jpg?1444862207sebastian-fijal-awmrifle-2.jpg?1444861309sebastian-fijal-awmrifle-3.jpg?1444861310

Replies

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Hi mate, you should add some imperfection on your texture, and really think how it's build layer by layer, add some scratch that reveal your metal underneath.

overall it's cool but it's waaaaay too clean,

goodluck !
  • DuzeZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DuzeZ polycounter lvl 10
    Final images, textures made in substance painter, res 4k. Enjoy!

• Demonith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Demonith polycounter lvl 6
    Man i love it awesome work on detail and that shiny awesome stuff LOVE it i have started my own work with guns and trying to learn the complex shapes they have its hard work i started on 300 winchester magnum xm2010 after i done the Shotgun tutorial . Anyway keep up bro nice !

• DuzeZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DuzeZ polycounter lvl 10
    Demonith thanks! I'm glad you like it! I can recommend Tim Bergholz tutorial - https://gumroad.com/timb . It can help you create great textures in Substance Painter ;) Good luck!

• BetaRazer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BetaRazer polycounter lvl 6
    Very nice! I too have an AW rifle on my portfolio somewhere and it's always good to see different interpretations of it. Good job on the scope's material definition and the numbers on the dial.

I'm not sure about the camo , but that's more of a personal preference. The surface of the polymer stock looks a bit too smooth to the eye; there's usually some bumpiness which you could reflect in the normal map as slight noise. Also, there doesn't seem to be much discolouration present in the barrel's metal which could have room for some additional detail, albeit subtle. Things such as discolouration by moisture and light scratches should give you the desired effect.

Otherwise, great progress. Keep it up!
  • DuzeZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DuzeZ polycounter lvl 10
    BETARAZER Thank you for your opinion and few advices!