Home Technical Talk

Cubemaps in Photoshop CC 2015

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
Since it looks like the Nvidia texture tools don't work with Photoshop CC does anyone know how/if you can create a cubemap from a set of images in CC?

Replies

• Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually since I'm asking about Photoshop CC 2015 issues, here's another:
    Anyone else having this issue where when you try to generate a normal map from a height map using Photoshop's new filter it creates it with this crazy grid-line noise over things? I can't find much on the issue just google searching so I thought I'd bring it up here.
  • Zephiris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zephiris polygon
    Hey,
    you could try installing xNormal, it comes with a set of photoshop filters that (i think?) should work in cc.
    No idea about the cube map issue though.
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With the height to normal conversion I know there are alternatives I was just curious if anyone knew anything about Photoshop's specific issue. Maybe there was some setting or checkbox somewhere that was on by default and borking the conversion or something. With Adobe integrating as much 3D stuff in PS as they have it seems weird that something as basic as a height to normal conversion would be so badly broken.

The cube map issue resolved itself as I found out the program I was using to generate the maps (Spacescape) could export as a cube .DDS and not just a series of images that had to be assembled in PS then exported. Still though, the question remains. Is there a way to export cube maps from Photoshop anymore?
  • radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    lys also does cubemap creation with mips exported as dds