Home Marmoset

Marmoset 2 - 96 dpi instead of 72

Rnz
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Rnz polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys,

I was just rendering some screenshots in Marmoset Toolbag 2 and realized all captured images have a resolution of 96 dpi.
Is there a way to set it to 72? I would like to have a uniform workflow where all my images have the same resolution.

Thanks!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is no way to set the DPI on exported images in Toolbag 2. However, it's important to keep in mind that DPI does not set the resolution (how many pixels the image has), you can set to the resolution in the capture settings (ctrl+P).

DPI (dots per inch) defines how many pixels represent an inch when you print an image. If you're not printing your images, you can safely ignore the DPI setting all together. If you are printing, you'll probably want to use something other than 72 or 96 dpi anyway, like 200 or 300 dpi more commonly, which you'll adjust in your image editing program at the time of printing. It's easy to change the DPI in Photoshop by going to the image size tool, unchecking resample image and setting the DPI field to the required value. More here: http://www.rideau-info.com/photos/changedpi.html
  • Rnz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rnz polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you sir!
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I suppose it may be a little beside the point, but I'm curious. Is there a reason it defaults to 96 dpi? I've noticed it before, but hadn't thought much about it until now.