Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] - Skin - The Inner Beast

Im back again and this time Im gonna do skins that I seem to thrive on, which are old and crude apocalyptic themed weapons.

What can I say, I love creating rust textures and hand drawing crude designs on weapons...

The weapon that will be skinned from this is no other than the Pulverizer.

Inspirations

[IMG][/img]Beast%20Within%20WIP_zpsevry3b6j.jpg

I felt this skin will match the brutal nature of the Berserker, the perk class who doesn't tend to shoot a ZED...No....He/She prefers to get up close and personal as he/she Slices them into pieces or smashing them into mulch with a frighting passion in their eyes as they do it.

"It's easy to shot a ZED faraway with a gun and walk away. But it takes real grit to take a ZED's life when your close enough to stare deep into its eyes."

Replies

• KingVonRooster
    Progress is going incredibly well, especially in such a short time span!

I started in a manner very similar to how I did the Grave Digger, I started by making a Rust texture on a large template. But instead of doing a "Aged Red Rust" I mixed brown into it, creating more of a "Dirty Brown Rust". Then I swapped to a Wet Brush with white (with adjusted opacity on the layer) to give the affect of scratched or engraving of metal.

Now instead of using my mouse to paint a design like I did with the Grave Digger, I decided to grab my wacom pad instead so I can use the pen for finer detail and accuracy with strokes. Doing this would give me a better scratched,etched design rather than Grave Digger's blotchy Paint design... And since the mouse felt like I was using a Brick to draw, I felt more in control with the wacom pen.

And I must say, it is looking intimidating at the moment...

The Inner Beast (Work in progress)
    [IMG][/img]Early%20Beast%201_zpsse01aftw.jpg

[IMG][/img]Early%20Beast%202_zps4kotdmjf.jpg
  • Stalker8272
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Друг, попробуй убрать анодированный эффект или уменьшить уровень блеска!
    Как я понял, задумка такая, что твое оружие ржавое...значит оно не должно блестеть:)
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    A friend try to remove the anodized effect or reduce the level of shine!
    As I understand it, the idea is such that your weapon rusty ... so it should not shine :)
  • KingVonRooster
    I'm back, along with pictures of the Inner Beast's progress as it evolves into something that is fueled by the malice and carnage in every berserker's soul.

There's a beast lurking in all of us...

Alright, enough of the dramatic talk, lets get down to the progress that has been made in the last 2 days...

Inner Beast (Work in Progress)

[IMG][/img]Progress1_zpsbga8d5a8.jpg

[IMG][/img]Progress2_zpsm4zqgqnm.jpg

[IMG][/img]Progress3_zps8hc0oloc.jpg

Progress4_zpsqdh2hrsj.jpg

InnerBeastFaceEvolutionWIP_zpsyseopswa.jpg

So far I'm experimenting with the color schemes for the beast on the head of the hammer, swapping color palettes and using experimental brush techniques on the skin. I will also most likely do some highlights on the finer details such as the gums, Splitting skin, etc. on further versions of this skin...

P.S. - I will also remove the gloss on the weapon in the next build, thank you Stalker for reminding about this. ;)
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    good progress

How did you change the hands / character model ? Is there a command for that ?
  • the_beat_broker
    Shrike wrote: »
    How did you change the hands / character model ? Is there a command for that ?

As far as I can tell it changes based on what character you have selected in the KF2 game itself. There is probably an easier way to change it though.

The weapon looks cool!
  • KingVonRooster
    The final results of the Inner Beast...
    There is so much I still want to do with this weapon skin, but time is running thin, so this will have to do I suppose. I have no regrets, only a warm fuzzy feeling inside...Or is that indigestion?

The Inner Beast [Finished...?]

[IMG][/img]Inner%20Beast%20Present_zpsyq415cub.jpg

[IMG][/img]InnerBeast1_zpsf7oxye8l.jpg

[IMG][/img]InnerBeast2_zpsqvfg6tmo.jpg

[IMG][/img]InnerBeast3_zpsflt1zilg.jpg

[IMG][/img]InnerBeast4_zpsms9obgs9.jpg

[IMG][/img]InnerBeastTexDisplay_zpsdpedjslv.jpg