Home General Discussion

New Microsoft Surface Products

Replies

• JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
    That looks really good!! I think I'm sold on getting a tablet now. Just want one with a decent gpu that could possibly handle marmoset and some light ue4 work
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Mant1k0re wrote: »
    Neox, what config have you got for your SP3, since you seem to hint that it's good enough for Zbrush? Im really itching to get a SP but I have a hard time finding artist review that doesn't focus on Photoshop - I almost never use it anymore.

Also thank you for mentioning TabletPCMouse, the name is horrible but it looks great!

even the samsung slate was capable of running zbrush at a decent enough speed. i think i even used it more for sculpting

the pen had better pressurepoints
    the artdock is far better than any solution on the surface

but i got the i7 one with 256gig harddrive
  • JordanLeigh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanLeigh polycounter lvl 9
    Has anybody got hold of a surface pro 4? There's a load of reviews about but not many by 3D artists, really interested in knowing how it handles current software in comparison to the sp3
  • ghaztehschmexeh
    I have been playing with the idea of saving for a 27QHD cintiq. But I am tempted to  hold out for when the surface book hits the UK, as I could do with a laptop too.  Looking forward to hearing how well it works for 3D art.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    I'd have a hard time recommending the surface pro products. 
    I've been happy with my surface pro for the last 4-6 months, up until today. This morning, the device won't turn on. 

After googling, it seems that this issue (of not starting) has plagued the lineup for many generations.  It's Crazy... Seriously. Do a quick google search with the time option of 'in the last month to 6months. . . "Surface pro wont' start"
    It appears to be a common problem that can *sometimes be fixed by doing a hard reset.. 
    However, this doesn't work on all cases.  My SP3 being a prime example of this. 
    They say if the instructions don't help to solve the problem, then your surface pro may need to be sent in for repairs/replacement.

Reminds me of the xbox red ring of death all over again :\

Edit:: After about 6 hrs of trying to reset this machine over.. and over... and over again.. it's finally come back to life. For how long, is anyones guess. But I 've gone ahead and turned off the sleep/hibernation option that seems to be instigating the failed startups.

Edit2: And... it's dead again