Home Contests & Challenges Archives Killing Floor 2 - Guns 'n Gear - CONTEST HAS ENDED

[KF2] – Skin Set – Bandaged

LandSknecht
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
LandSknecht polycounter lvl 5
I thought I'd try my hand at a weapon skin set for the medic of bandage wrapped weapons. Band-Aid grips, blood soaked gauze wraps, maybe even kiss marks over scrapes and scratches on the gun. Suture and stitches and staples aren't out of the question either, though they may prove to be going a bit far.

There's a lot of cool texture with gauze and a lot of cool color with blood. I'd like what gauze there is to be soaked through as though the gun itself were bleeding. On the surface of the gauze there may be bloody finger prints, dirt, singe marks, or other blemishes made for zombie killing authenticity.

stock-photo-gauze-with-blood-306310208.jpg

51PV%2BxX-iFL._SY300_.jpg

The other sort of bandages are a bit more diverse than gauze and come in an assortment of sizes and colors. These sort could be used seamlessly and ubiquitously to overlap one another in an imitation of gun camouflage or specifically to patch over cuts and scrapes in a gun's finish. The grippy backside of these may also work well along grips and fore-grips.

bandaids-940x626.jpg

image_preview

Finally, Consistent with a battle-worn look, I'd like to stain the original finish of the weapons with the yellowing look of old medical and kitchen appliances.

tumblr_n7062uylZe1ta9apbo1_1280.jpg